The river and banks

View previous topic View next topic Go down

The river and banks

Post  wulphi on Wed Mar 25, 2009 12:36 pm

A lush clearing, dappled sunlight palys upon the ground. The ferns and brambles line the clearing, thier branches heavy with harvest of all kinds of berries and fruits. In the centre an old oak tree stands. Planted by the first wolves to dominate the area around here in the early 1600's, this tree is over 400 years old, and its branches and boughs stretch high and wide, sheltering the sweet long grassy clearing. On the west side a stream runs through, and minnows and trout jump in and out of the crystal waters. Unlike the other clearing, this one is much smaller, and dosent have as much game, more small rodents than anything! this then opens up on one side revealing windswept medow.

Following this along, it leaves the clearing and crosses a medow, with the crashing River Styx carving right down the centre. On the other side the woods start again, thick and lush, but the long grass waves across this windswept medow. The river opens out, wider and faster, rapids and sharp rocks jut out here and there. Its risky, but the daring ones might just make it across using the rocks as stepping stones. The rapids trun to whiter waters, a peril zone, and then, nothing. The river plunges down a steep drop, also known as Styx Falls. here the woods end, and give way to the great mountains towering high above.
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The river and banks

Post  wulphi on Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:01 pm

In wolf form...
Padding over to the towering oak, I bunched my haunches and leaped for the nearest bough. Looking bback I helped my humans form's pet dog twitch up, and Using my tail I ran along the bough and climed up until the base trunk stopped, here I had found the perfect place to be alone, a small, uninhabited hollow in the top of the trunk. I circled a few times and settled down in the mossy hollow to watch the sun set, the distant roar of the falls and the chirruping of the evening crickets relaxes me I find, and lay my honey brown muzzle onto his dusty paws, sighing. The pain had subsided, and with my companion snuggled next to me, I finally felt at bliss...
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sat Mar 28, 2009 10:32 am

Licking twitch's ear to wake him up. Stretching, yawning and sliding down the tree trunk, I made my way slowly back towards town. The night out had cleared my mind, and as i developed into a run I thought about the pain, and wondered what caused it. Its just so strange to me? ive never felt that before! I padded quickly into the back door and rushed toward my apartment, hoping not to be sighted.
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:39 pm

I skidded in panting heavily. In front of me sat my father, surrounded by the other thanes, nobles and warriors. My sister sat next to him, and everyone was in wolf form. Taking in a long shaky breath, I stooped down low and whined my respects.
"Sir, im honoured" I barked... Turning to the others I copied the bow, and nuzzled my sister, then sat infront of the pair.
"A rebel band of wolves has reached our notice. They seem to attend yourr school! Plans have been obtained that a elementary party will come on a night feild trip here, to observe the owls, and this rebel pack plans to eradicate them, proving another terrorist attack upon the humans. As our party laws tell, we cannot protect the humans without further proof, but in this elementary group are two wolvern children."
he paused and sighed deeply. "Like you once were, they are twins" his eyes softened, and tears pricked the edges of his eyes. I hated seeing such strong wolves displaying such weakness. It showed how feeble we all were inside.
I spoke up. "So we wait here? till further proof?" cocking my head to the side.
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkyKat101 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:50 pm

A raven crowed ahead, seeing carrion. It hungrily swooped down and grabbed a good-sized hunk of meat. Ravens sround there were a bad omen.
Admin

View user profile http://thewerelife.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:59 pm

((NRR:lolz! thanks 4 that))
"Sirs, is there any information on the who or whereabouts of these rebels?" I adressed the whole pack. it seemed everyone had turned up, they must have been on there way to the lunastone at StyxFalls. I padded around the clearing. The thanes were testing me, I was the one to become high Thane next, so I must start to act it! i stood still and howled, anguish and frustration echoed through my voice. The wavering end note was triped off by a yelp, as a pair of razor teeth cut into my exposed shoulder. A rebel had leaped from the ferns, and was limpeted to me. I roared and threw my body against a boulder, freeeing my shoulder from the vice like grip. They poured into the clearing swarming us and attacking every part of exposed flesh and fur.
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkyKat101 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:02 pm

I was just walking by the river, my homework in hand. I was on a lage boulder, finishing up the rest of my Social Studies homework, when I heard a yelp. I ran to the location, seeing Werwolves, big and small, all about me. I froze, ready to take my necklace off if needed. I saw Balto, in his giant wolf form, attacking some rebels.
SparkyKat101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:07 pm

Blood poured from the side of my mouth, and my shoulder as I clamped down onto another rebel. through the fray I saw Larka diving out of the way of another, and father ripping ears off some younger ones. Twisting round so i had power, I saw jamie standing at the side of the fray, staring. In this moment i hesitated, the rebel lunged for my throat, missed and clamped onto my foot instead, crushing my paw bones. I yelped and reeled off, writhing in pain on the floor. I ot up, and ran into the battle again, a determination entwined with pain on my face.
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkyKat101 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:12 pm

I grimanced and took off my necklace. This time, oddly, I didn't change, probably from not being in the state for so long, but I had the same abilities as before. Now my hands turned into giant paws, and I was also getting alot taller. My canines grew a bit larger as well. I was Were-girl almost. That's what happens when your a human too long. I personally like this state, which I why I rarely went into wolf form.
A rebel hurled himself at me, but I nibly dodged it and made deep cuts into his back. The rebel struck at me again, but I bit into his shoudler, making him fall.
SparkyKat101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:19 pm

as Jamie transformed, I was pinned down by two large wolves. They were dark, and snarled in my face, then sat on me... WHAT THE-
they sat on me, pinning me to the floor, so I couldnt move. My shoulder flared with pain from their weight, and my crushed paw throbbed, but, I found that the rebels started to retreat. Their leader had ben slayed, and this put them in a situation where they hed no orders, so they began to flee. The two on my were amoung the last to leave, and I got up, only to fall again. My sister rushed to my side and started to lick my cuts. how come she had none, little devil! i chuckled, and lays down again. Suddenly i REMEMBERED JAMIE AND SHOT UP, SCANNING THE CLEARING FOR HER.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkyKat101 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:23 pm

I breathed heavily and reached for my necklace, changing back. I was still part human, so I couldn't heal as fast, and I took on the rebel leader's assistant in that scenario. I took one last glance at the pack, and sprinted off. I was extremely good at parkour, and was an excellent traceur.
NRR: Parlour is an activity with the aim of moving from one point to another as efficiently and quickly as possible, using principally the abilities of the human body. Thank you Wiki. Traceurs are people who do parkour.
SparkyKat101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  wulphi on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:27 pm

I just saw her foot as she ran off... ahh, at least she was safe. Hey... why did I care again? oh well, just leave it. Father called off the meeting, he looked kinda shell shocked, and the rest went to some place to sleep. I walked Larka home or rather she walked me to her home, and I got to the apartments just as night fell and the blackness engulfed us!
wulphi

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SparkyKat101 on Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:36 pm

The same raven that was eating the carrion earlier was eaten by a good sign; the fox. This showed something great will happen.
SparkyKat101
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top